Monday, April 14, 2008

Pregnancy Induced Idiocy

Until recently I've laughed to myself when someone made a comment about "pregnancy brain". I thought there was no way I'd become that forgetful! Never say never! Today after a regular prenatal dr's appt (that was more than an hour late) I came home to get my work stuff, let the dog out and head up to work. Well apparently I let the dog out, packed my work stuff and left.... without letting the dog back in! What a terrible mother I am! Not to mention, my neighbors may have had to listen to 5 hours of barking. Sorry Annabelle. After talking to Ian I realized I do have full blown pregnancy brain. I make two separate to do lists, in addition to post it notes on everything at work so I don't forget anything. I often pack my lunch (yay for saving $$) and then promptly leave it on the kitchen counter and leave for work. Ian says, hey remember that _____ we saw last week/did last week/etc. No.. I don't remember!

So if I've been forgetful around you lately, sorry :) My brain will return one of these days.

1 comment:

Vicky said...

That will continue for a while after the baby is born too- sleep deprivation and all. Hang in there.