Wednesday, April 2, 2008

3 to Go

Well, exactly three months from today is Allison's due date. Sometimes it seems so far away, like when I get in the elevator at the office after walking up three (yes only three) stairs and am completely out of breath. Other times it seems like 3 months is so soon! My mind races with the million and one things I want to do before our baby girl joins this world including finding her the perfect childcare, getting the house perfectly clean and ready and having read and thought about every childbirth, parenting, infant book I can get my hands on. Not to mention trying to figure out how we want to raise her (will I tell her Santa isn't real? will I only let her eat organic foods? how to you get your child to love learning? ).

I find it quite humorous when people ask me my due date and realize it's still 3 months away and just say "oh wow!". I interpret that as "you are huge, it looks like you're ready now!" That's okay though, I love my huge kicking belly. She has a good side kick already.

No comments: