Thursday, October 9, 2008

Last Week of Fantasy Land

Allison,

This is our last week "together". Next week I go back to the daily grind of working.... well kind of. I've managed to be able to work three days a week, so I get the other two with you! I should feel like the luckiest mom to be able to spend quantity time with her babe AND provide for her, but I just feel terrible about leaving you. You have a wonderful daycare lady who will cuddle and love on you, but I wish with all my heart it could be me. We have been "practicing" daycare this week, because with your bottle hatred, we thought it would be a good idea. You have been doing great, and even drank 6 oz of milk this morning at your daycare practice.

We've been reading more together, your favorite book right now is The Rainbow Fish. You must like shiny objects, all the pictures have sparkly fish scales in them! You still freak out when Annabelle barks loudly, and you still love your daddy to walk you around to sleep. So, as much as things are changing now, they will still stay the same. I will still be your mommy, and you'll still be my happy, stubborn little baby. Life will go on after maternity leave ends. This too shall pass.

Love,

Mommy

No comments: