Monday, October 13, 2008

Hello Reality

Well, Allison just fell asleep. I should be getting ready for work tomorrow. Going to work gets a lot more complicated with a baby. Tomorrow starts the alarm clocks, dashing off to daycare, coffee breaks, long commutes, coworkers, and new routines. Goodbye lazy summer days cuddling all day with my brand new baby Allison. Back to reality (I have some Eminem song running through my head). Here is my silver lining (albeit small)... I am looking forward to some adult conversations that don't involve the following topics: breastfeeding, diapers, favorite baby carriers, vaccines, sleeping patterns, and birth stories. I am looking forward to drinking my daily cup of joe with TWO hands and only having to focus on my computer screen while doing so. I'm looking forward to getting dressed and putting on makeup. My heart is breaking over having to leave behind my daughter for 11 hours a day.

In happy news, we now completely own both of our cars! Yay for be resposible and paying off loans.

1 comment:

Victoria said...

I hear that about adult, non-kid related convo... I am so happy when I get to talk "work talk" at blogging events. Call me a dork but it makes me happy.

we can talk non-baby any day- just stop by!