Friday, December 12, 2008

Some Updates

No we haven't fallen off the face of the earth. Time is scarce and I'm constantly tired/sick and or trying to keep up with everything. Allison is such a little person these days. She cracks herself up (errupting into giggles) when she bounces in her jumperoo. It is quite the scene! When she was born and I heard her cry it was a feeling of happiness and relief she was OK. Hearing her giggle is THE BEST sound. Pure joy. Even better than the first little squaking cry in the delivery room. She is still erratic about her sleep, but I've decided to go with the flow. I absolutely do not agree with crying it out, so if my baby doesn't want to sleep in her crib or carseat (one of her fav places, esp with a cold) she sleeps in bed with me. There I said it, on the Internets!! I am a big fan of co-sleeping and the family bed. I don't agree that it's dangerous (there are actual reputable studies that show it's twice as safe as crib sleep) and I don't agree that it's a bad habit. When she's ready to sleep alone she'll let us know. I'm tired of people telling me I shouldn't have her in bed. She should be where she's the most happy and secure feeling. If that's the carseat, so be it, if that's cuddled up next to mommy all night, so be it. The best feeling in the world is when she wakes up in the morning, opens her eyes, smiles and coos. No crying, no fussing, just a happy baby!

Ian's out of town this weekend (Thurs-Mon) to referee a national fencing tournament. He loves doing it but claims it's not a vacation. But I digress.... Allison and I are having a girl's weekend complete with a party with Santa, craft and wine day with the girls, mama's brunch and shopping!

I'll hopefully upload some recent pics soon!

No comments: