I still haven't uploaded new photos, so for all you photo hounds, here's a another blast from the past. Well, I guess it really is only a little more than a year ago, but it feels like AGES ago:
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Rough Around the Edges
I can almost always count on my mom to give me an honest opinion, and I respect that. Yesterday before heading to Allison's daycare Christmas party I asked her, "Do I look OK for a party?". She replied "You look OK, just a little rough around the edges". I quickly changed from my frumpy t-shirt into a slightly less frumpy sweater. No time for makeup or jewelry or contacts as Allison was hungry, needed to be dressed in her Christmas dress, etc, etc. Allison looked absolutely darling in her little red velvet dress which is good, because I do look more than a little rough around the edges. I suppose the way you look and present yourself reflects a lot about the way you're feeling. Since having Allison I've gotten into the swing of caring for her and being a parent but honestly at this point it's left me a bit rough around the edges. I've put off the all almost any and all things related to taking care of myself and it's quite apparent. I haven't even been eating healthy or exercising which is, well, unlike me. My new resolution is to try and take care of myself too so that I at least feel and maybe even look halfway as healthy as I did before getting pregnant.
I still haven't uploaded new photos, so for all you photo hounds, here's a another blast from the past. Well, I guess it really is only a little more than a year ago, but it feels like AGES ago:
I still haven't uploaded new photos, so for all you photo hounds, here's a another blast from the past. Well, I guess it really is only a little more than a year ago, but it feels like AGES ago:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
awe - your post made me weepy. At 19 mos ~ i'm still a lil 'rough around the edges'.
Let's plan a ladies day of manicures, trip to Sephoria and our fav shops in the new year.
My resolution: not look like a tired frumpy mom
Your not alone!
Cait-love! Let's go get pedicures and drink wine! That will make you feel better! I love you poopie.
happy mom = happy baby. If Momma ain't happy, then nobody is happy.
Feel free to come next door and bitch slap me for all that. Yet... sigh... it's a bit true. So take care of yourself. The block wants you back to feeling happy and normal again for your own sake.
Post a Comment