Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Obama Rally in Manassas!

Obama held his last campaign rally last night in Manassas. Since it's only 25 minutes from our house, Caitlin and I decided to go. We arrived at 4 PM (for a 9 PM event start time), with Allison all bundled up and us ready to wait in line for hours. But, apparently, when you bring a three month old baby to a campaign event, you get to skip the entire line and go sit in the handicap seating THIRTY FEET FROM THE STAGE.

There's the press box on the left, the podium on the right, and our handicap seats in between. And that big hill in the background? That's 100,000 people. This was Gov. Tim Kaine and former Gov. Mark Warner warming up the crowd.









Caitlin and Allison. Note the ginormous American flag and the "TV bleachers" in the background.

















The Man Himself. I think that Secret Service dude was keeping an eye on me.













Obama worked the shook hands at the front of the crowd for a few minutes after his speech. You can see Caitlin and Allison (her pink hat, anyway) in the lower left.










I WAS THIS CLOSE.

2 comments:

Victoria said...

So amazing!!! I hate that we missed it. It just crushes me! Now I'm going to go stand in line and cast my vote!

Unknown said...

Congrats, Caitlyn!! Lucky you!
-Liz (your old neighbor)