
Caitlin and I took an excursion to the mall a few days ago with Allison to get out of the house and walk around. At the food court, we made a pit stop at Starbucks and I had two revelations:
- Starbucks' small drinks ("Tall") are 12 ounces each and cost $3.80. Their large drinks ("Venti") are 20 ounces each and cost $4.80. So, the large is about twice as big as the small. If you went to Starbucks every single day for a year (not a giant leap, for some people I could name) and bought a small drink each day, it would cost you $1,387. If you went every other day instead, bought a large drink, and had the willpower to save half the drink for the following day, it would cost you only $876 and save you $511 a year.
- Just when I thought I couldn't hate their drink size names any more, I asked for some ice water and they cheerfully exclaimed "One Venti Ice Water!" when handing me my beverage. Call the coffee whatever you want, but please, please, please don't rename my tap water.
No comments:
Post a Comment