I've decided to leave Lockheed Martin after nearly 10 years of employment there. I started in the summer of '99 as an intern during college, and I've pretty much worked for them ever since.
I love the group that I've worked in for the past two years, but the business development chain in our larger operating unit is completely broken--there's no new business coming in and no one doing anything about it. There are (many) other contributing factors as well, but that's the biggie. My last day with Lockheed is May 16th.
May 19th will be my first day at the Appian Corporation. It's a software/BPM company with around 200 employees. My official job title will be "Technical Account Manager"; I'm basically going to be doing what I'm doing now--managing teams of software developers and consultants. My client portfolio won't be determined until I start, although there's a good chance it'll involve working with the Army at Ft. Belvoir.
I'm pretty excited. I interviewed with most of the owners of the company, and they know their stuff. The benefits are better than I have now, too...including a week of paternity leave, which will come in handy in July!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment